Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday Wish List - The Workbench

My workbench remains my major project for 2009. I've acquired the wood that I need (near 200 superfeet of coastal blackbutt, maybe more than I need.) Now it's time to choose some hardware.
Everyworkbench requires a vise, preferably two. The plan is for a standard leg vise and a sliding leg vise.






Glide Leg Vise
The new glide leg vise from BenchCrafted.com looks very smooth. A recommendation from teh Scwartz. However, at US $325 + postage, these may forever remain on the wish list.


No-Name Vise
The cheapest (and nastiest?) avalible at Carbatec.


Big Wood Vise
These from BigWoodVise are classic. At AU$375 (for 2, including postage).

Vertias Workdogs
Simple.

Vertias Hold-Down
Useful.

Wonder Pups
Vertias products avalible at Carbatec and Lee Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like at Facebook

Redbubble