Monday, November 26, 2012

Chisel Drawer


Today I built the long planned timber frame for my chisel drawer. The timber is a light softwood which I've machined to 40mm x 8mm lengths. The corner joints quick dovetails and all other joints twin tenons. Titebond hide glue. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results - space efficient, easy to use, and no rattle when the drawer is opened.



You can see the 13 10mm rare-earth magnets counterbored beneath the timber frame. Their effect is noticeable but not as strong as I expected through the timber.







The next priority is organising the measuring and marking out drawer.... It would be nice to replace all the cases and boxes, have specific areas for specific tools while still allowing for new tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like at Facebook

Redbubble